Ah the tube. A wonderful engineering feat that allows us to travel to all areas of London at high speed. And yet, ask any Londoner and they will likely tell you the tube is hell on earth.
There are strict rules about how to behave on the London tube, and when people don’t respect them it can get pretty funny.
If you’ve lived through the experience of taking the London tube at rush hour (and survived to tell the tale!) then you’ll find these London tube memes relatable and hilarious, even if a little painful.
Want to know more London fun facts? Try our London quiz!
The 20 funniest memes & tweets about the London tube
1. Anyone else accidentally found themselves at Cockfosters at the end of a night out?
being drunk on the tube is dangerous because London's public transport is so good you can go ANYWHERE. you could accidentally go to France
— lex croucher 💀 (@lexcanroar) April 11, 2016
2. A modern take on a classic London quote
If you're bored of sitting at the front of the DLR then you're bored of life.
— Jonathan Hatfull (@JonathanHatfull) December 17, 2016
3. Don’t they know better than to randomly stop in the middle of the street?!
4. How dare they make you wait more than 4 minutes for the tube??
5. There’s a special place in hell for those people
People who try and board the Tube before others have got off should be ritually fed to an escalator.
— Patrick Dalton (@shitlondon) November 13, 2015
6. And also for those who don’t move down the carriage
Please move right down inside the carraiges. Use up space. Adopt corresponding tesselating shapes. Enmesh. Become one heaving commute unit.
— TLF Travel Alerts (@TlfTravelAlerts) March 15, 2016
7. It’s easy to spot non-Londoners on the tube
8. Real Londoners don’t hesitate
tourist: [hesitates for 0.002 seconds at the tube barrier]
Londoner: look at this AMATEUR. Don’t they KNOW to have their card PREPARED three hours in advance? REAL Londoners carry battering rams. Now MOVE, I am late for my stage combat class
— ruby 🐊 (@roobeekeane) February 5, 2020
9. Especially at rush hour
10. Or when you walk up the stairs at Covent Garden, you have to be an athlete for it
11. If you don’t appreciate it, leave that joy to others
Rule for Londoners: if you are sitting in the driving seat of a DLR train you must look like you are enjoying yourself, or don’t sit there.
— Scott Bryan (@scottygb) October 12, 2017
12. You know that feeling
13. And the crushing feeling of years of experience gone to waste
20yrs of personal tube platform expertise and competitive commuting advantage rendered useless by some green paint. pic.twitter.com/d56ok8Kssg
— Daniel Ayers (@yodaniel) September 12, 2017
14. Minutes that make your commute feel even longer
15. Strategic positioning at its finest
#GrowingUpInLondon Knowing what carriage of the tube is closest to the exit at the station 😂
— Dan. (@DanCampbell98) February 2, 2016
16. Anybody else feel like this?
17. We’re just no used to waiting for the tube!
4 minute wait for the Jubilee Line, platform has descended into chaos. #London
— Henry William Louis (@hwlouis) November 5, 2017
18. Tourists don’t even know they’re breaking the London tube rules
19. Especially at Bank
20. And finally…
Final thoughts on the best memes about the London Underground
Jokes aside, public transport in London is actually pretty efficient and getting around London is quick and easy. But it is true that it can get unbearably hot and packed, especially during rush hour, and Londoners like to moan.
I hope you find these London tube memes funny. If there are more memes and tweets about using the London tube that you enjoy share them with us in the comments!
Looking for fun things to do in London? Check out these guides!
- The 10 most boozy and fun bottomless brunches in London
- 10 incredible rooftop bars in London
- 20 jaw-dropping viewpoints in London
- 33 fun & totally FREE things to do in London
- 25 breathtaking places in London
Enjoyed reading the best London tube memes? Pin it!